The Shrimp Avocado Salad is a low carb and incredibly healthy recipe that should definitely be included in your diet. This scrumptious, easy-to-assemble salad only requires your arugula, shrimp, avocado slices, garlic , olives, and tomatoes.
If you are short on time and need a meal for dinner or lunch, consider whipping up a Shrimp Avocado Salad - it's the perfect light yet nutritious main course with just the right mix of flavors and textures you're sure to love!
The Shrimp Avocado Salad is an incredibly nourishing recipe option
The Shrimp Avocado Salad is an incredibly nourishing recipe option that offers a variety of healthy benefits. This nutritious dish contains plenty of essential vitamins and minerals, while managing to remain low carb. Incorporating high-protein shrimps into the salad helps you get all of your essential nutrients while avoiding unhealthy additives. Eating this nourishing salad also provides powerful antioxidants so that your body remains free from damage associated with free radicals. Making a Shrimp Avocado Salad is a great way to nourish your body without losing flavor in the process.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- The Shrimp Avocado Salad is an incredibly nourishing recipe option
- Ingredients needed to make The Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Instructions for making The Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Variations on The Shrimp Avocado Salad recipe
- Storage for The Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Top tips for making The Shrimp Avocado Salad
- The Shrimp Avocado Salad
Ingredients needed to make The Shrimp Avocado Salad
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ t. ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 c. baby arugula
- 8 grape tomatoes
- 24 large green olives
- 3 oz. walnuts
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
Instructions for making The Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Add the butter and minced garlic to a large skillet and set over medium heat. Cook for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the shrimp and the ground cumin to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, or just until the shrimp changes color and starts to curl. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once cool, roughly chop the shrimp and transfer to a large bowl. Add the avocado, olive oil, lime juice, and fresh cilantro to the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and gently toss to combine.
- Divide the baby arugula between four meal prep containers or serving plates. Add one-fourth of the avocado shrimp mixture to each container or plate. Evenly divide the green olives, walnuts, and lime wedges between each portion. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. Enjoy!
Variations on The Shrimp Avocado Salad recipe
When it comes to variation, the possibilities are endless with a Shrimp Avocado Salad recipe. Instead of using tortilla chips and regular mayo, why not use low-carb alternatives like almonds or walnuts for crunch and Greek yogurt for an extra-healthy option? You can even swap out the shrimp for grilled chicken and add in some freshly diced tomatoes for some color and flavor. If you’d like to make things extra interesting, add black beans with garbanzo beans or add some freshly squeezed lime juice to give your salad that extra zing. The variation options are truly limitless, so go ahead and let your creativity shine!
Storage for The Shrimp Avocado Salad
The Shrimp Avocado Salad is a delicious storage-friendly dish that is both low in carbs and packed with healthy nutrition. This recipe requires only a few simple ingredients and can be prepared in just minutes. The great news is that, once made, this salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. It makes an ideal meal-prep option since it's healthy and easily portable - perfect for time-strapped people who want a balanced diet but don’t have time to cook.
Top tips for making The Shrimp Avocado Salad
Cooking a healthy, low carb Shrimp Avocado Salad doesn't need to be intimidating. With a few top tips, you can make a savory, delicious meal in no time. Start by making sure fresh ingredients are being used; this will greatly enhance the crispness and texture of the salad. If possible, look for locally sourced shrimp as they tend to have more flavor than those that have been previously frozen and thawed out. For maximum flavor, use extra virgin olive oil when combining dressing ingredients such as lime juice, garlic and chili powder together. When ready to top off the meal with avocado slices, ensure that they are ripe but still firm - adding over ripe avocado can quickly ruin the dish! Enjoy your nutritious and tasty Shrimp Avocado Salad!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: