These 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers are the perfect way to kick off any meal. Not only are they healthy, but they're also super delicious – filled with cheese and crispy bacon crumbles.
In addition to being great as an appetizer, you can make them as a side dish and serve them alongside grilled chicken or perhaps fish. And if you're looking for something even sweeter, swap out the bacon for some chocolate chips for an indulgent treat that your family will never forget!
3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers make the perfect appetizer.
3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers make the perfect appetizer. Not only are they extremely healthy and delicious, but they also boast a variety of colorful peppers. These flavorful mini-bites come stuffed with a mix of three kinds of cheese and savory bacon, giving it an unmistakable flavor that never fails to satisfy a hungry crowd. They don't require any complicated preparation or cooking methods - simply stuff and bake them in the oven until they're crisp and gooey - making 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers the perfect tasty snack for any occasion.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 30 appetizers
- 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers make the perfect appetizer.
- Ingredients needed to make 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- Instructions for making 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- Top tip
- 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
Ingredients needed to make 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- 15 mini sweet peppers in assorted colors
6 oz. goat cheese
- 6 oz. ricotta cheese
- 3 T. fresh thyme leaves, stems removed
4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy and crumbledSea salt and black pepper, to taste
3 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions for making 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- Wash peppers and pat dry. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Remove seeds and membranes from each pepper half and discard. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, ricotta cheese, thyme leaves, and bacon. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Place the top oven rack in the 2nd highest position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- With a small spoon, fill each pepper half with the cheese and bacon mixture and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle some of the freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of each pepper half.
- Place the baking sheet on the top oven rack and broil for approximately 4-5 minutes or just until the cheese begins to brown and the peppers start to blister. Remove from oven and cool slightly before transferring the peppers to a serving platter. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Anyone can make a delicious and healthy appetizer with variations in ingredients while making 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers. You don't have to stick with the traditional recipe. If you want something a bit healthier, you can use variations like swapping out the bacon for turkey bacon, or even switch up the cheese variety by trying Gouda or Havarti cheeses instead of cheddar. The possibilities are endless - get creative! Furthermore, feel free to get creative with variations of sweet peppers such as jalapenos or bell peppers. With some variations in ingredients, your 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers will be not only delicious but unique each time!
Having 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers as a delicious, healthy appetizer is always a great idea when hosting guests – or even just for yourself! But storage can be tricky. Fortunately, you can store them in the fridge for up to five days. During that time, make sure to remove the peppers from their storage container and put them on plate with paper towels. It's an easy way to ensure they stay fresh and retain their crunchy texture so they'll be just as tasty as if they were cooked that day!
Start by preheating your oven like you would any other dish then choose a variety of cheeses and top them off with bacon bits before baking them in the oven until they are crispy. Be sure to keep an eye on them as they bake so that they don't become overcooked. Serve up these tasty treats warm to wow your guests!
Also- The easiest way to prepare the bacon for this recipe is to place it on a large plate lined with paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels and place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or just until crispy. Cook time will vary by microwave, so be sure to check after two minutes and adjust accordingly.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: