The Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip is the perfect low-carb, healthy option for dipping vegetables and chips. With just a few simple ingredients like yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and cucumber it's easy to whip up in minutes using your favorite dip recipe.
The flavor combination of creamy yogurt with garlic and lemon juice gives this dip a unique Mediterranean tang that will please any taste buds. It also makes an excellent accompaniment to grilled food. So, if you're looking for a quick and easy low-carb, healthy snack or appetizer then look no further than Creamy Tzatziki Dip!
The Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip is a fan favorite for so many reasons.
The Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip is a fan favorite for so many reasons. Not only is it low-carb and much healthier than traditional dips, but its unique flavor will please even the pickiest of eaters. The recipe for this delicious dip couldn't be simpler; just combine creamy Greek yogurt with cucumber and a selection of spices such as cumin and garlic. Whether you serve it as an appetizer at a dinner party or use it as a special topping for your next sandwich, you can count on the Creamy Tzatziki Dip to make your meal memorable!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chilling Time: 1 hour
- The Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip is a fan favorite for so many reasons.
- Ingredients needed to make the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip
- Instructions for making the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip
- Variations on the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip recipe
- Kitchen Equipment
- Storage for the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip
- Top tips on the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip
- The Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip
Ingredients needed to make the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip
- 1 English cucumber, finely grated
- 1 c. Greek yogurt
- ½ c Sour Cream
- 1 T. Lemon juice, freshly squeezed preferred
- 1 T. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 T. Fresh mint or dill, finely chopped (or a combination of both)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh pita, for serving
Instructions for making the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip
- Place the grated cucumber on a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can from the cucumber. Alternatively, you can use a few layers of paper towels.
- Place the cucumber into a medium bowl. Add yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic.
- Stir well. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Transfer tzatziki to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with fresh pita and/or vegetables for dipping.
Variations on the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip recipe
If you're looking for variations on the classic Creamy Tzatziki Dip recipe, there are plenty to choose from. A great way to make this dish more healthy is to substitute some of the high-carb dairy ingredients with low-carb alternatives. For example, you could use yoghurt made from almond milk or coconut cream instead of cow's milk yogurt. To give your dish a unique spin, you can also add fresh herbs or spices like oregano, rosemary, thyme or chilli pepper flakes. With just a few tweaks to the traditional recipe, you can create a dip that is low-calorie, filling and delicious - all while preserving the flavor of this authentic Mediterranean favorite!
Storage for the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip
Creamy Tzatziki Dip is a flavorful and low-carb snack option that can be easily stored in the fridge. The cool storage of the fridge allows it to be kept for up to one week. Not only is this dip delicious, but it's also a healthy alternative to fatty snacks. For those looking to try out the recipe for themselves, it should require no more than 15 minutes to prepare. Using simple ingredients such as cucumbers and Greek yogurt, this dish can become an easy fiber-rich go-to dish for any occasion. Of course, having the storage of the fridge allows this dip to be cooked ahead of time or prepared with when the mood strikes!
Top tips on the Best Creamy Tzatziki Dip
The Best Creamy Tzatziki Dipis a delicious and healthy recipe that adds an extra burst of flavor to any dish. To make this dish the tastiest it can be, here are some top tips:
Firstly, use low-fat dairy products such as greek yogurt to ensure the dip is low in carbs. Secondly, use fresh ingredients and herbs for a more robust flavor. Adding a squeeze of fresh lemon juice will bring out more flavors as well.
Finally, top off your dip with a sprinkle of freshly chopped dill for an extra layer of deliciousness.
With these top tips in mind, you should be able to whip up a batch of creamy tzatziki dip in no time!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: