The Creamy Chocolate Mousse recipe has become a real hit these days! It's the perfect dessert to make for a casual get-together, or even an elegant dinner party. The decadent combination of chocolate and creaminess is sure to please all of your guests.
Plus, it's shockingly easy to prepare! Just mix up the ingredients, pour them into individual containers or ramekins, and you're done! This mouthwatering recipe is fast becoming everyone's go-to dessert for every occasion.
The Creamy Chocolate Mousse recipe is one of those special desserts that you always remember.
The Creamy Chocolate Mousse recipe is one of those special desserts that you always remember. Serving it at the peak of freshness is the key to getting the full flavor experience, so you'll want to make sure you are serving it up as soon as possible. A good rule of thumb is to prepare the recipe no more than two hours before serving; any longer and the mousse will loose its delicate texture and creamy goodness. With that in mind, timing how long it takes from start to finish is important if you want everyone to be able to savor this delicious treat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
Yields 6 servings
*Tip: The orange zest adds a nice pop of flavor to this recipe.
Optional, to serve:
Whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and/or mandarin orange slices
- The Creamy Chocolate Mousse recipe is one of those special desserts that you always remember.
- Ingredients needed to make Creamy Chocolate Mousse
- Instructions for making Creamy Chocolate Mousse
- Variations on the Creamy Chocolate Mousse recipe
- Equipment needed to make Creamy Chocolate Mousse
- Storage for the Creamy Chocolate Mousse
- Top tips on making the Creamy Chocolate Mousse
- The Decadent Creamy Chocolate Mousse
Ingredients needed to make Creamy Chocolate Mousse
- 2½ c. heavy cream, divided
- 8 oz. high-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggsOptional: 1 t. orange zest, preferably organic*
Instructions for making Creamy Chocolate Mousse
- Heat 1 cup of heavy cream with chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the chips have melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar with a hand-held mixer at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- While mixing on the same setting as above, slowly add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the orange zest, if using. Once combined, pour it back into the pan used to melt the chocolate. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, whip the remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the chilled chocolate into the whipped cream until thoroughly combined. The mixture should have a fluffy consistency. .
- To serve, spoon chocolate mousse into a piping bag and pipe it into small dessert dishes. Top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries or mandarin oranges, if desired. Enjoy!
Variations on the Creamy Chocolate Mousse recipe
When it comes to finding a delicious, chocolaty dessert that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering, look no further than the classic Creamy Chocolate Mousse recipe. But why not put a unique twist on this already delicious and creamy dish? To mix things up, consider adding in some freshly chopped mint leaves or topping with some colorful berries. Cocoa powder can also be added to the mousse for a greater depth of flavor. Don’t forget to sprinkle crushed nuts for a crunchy contrast and finish off with a chocolate drizzle for an even richer flavor experience! So don't shy away from experimenting - an exciting variation of this timeless dessert awaits each creative cook.
Equipment needed to make Creamy Chocolate Mousse
Storage for the Creamy Chocolate Mousse
The Creamy Chocolate Mousse is a light and airy dessert that everyone loves! Once you've made it according to the delicious recipe, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. It's important to remember to cover it tightly so the mousse stays fresh and creamy. Storing this tempting treat properly means you can enjoy it for longer and keep your family and friends satisfied with this chocolaty delight!
Top tips on making the Creamy Chocolate Mousse
Making the Creamy Chocolate Mousse recipe is a must-have dessert that's sure to impress your guests! It's relatively easy to make and a few top tips can help you achieve the perfect fluffy and creamy texture. Start by melting your dark chocolate over a double boiler, ensuring it doesn't burn. Separating eggs into two separate bowls, use a mixer to whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form and gently fold in the melted chocolate for an even consistency. For best results placed your mousse into individual cups or bowls and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving - you'll be left with a delicious creamy chocolate mousse everyone will love!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: